At the South Pier Inn, it is our goal to consistently provide our guests with the cleanest, safest and most comfortable accommodations available. Throughout the current COVID-19 pandemic, that commitment remains unwavering. Here are just some of things we have done to provide a safe experience for our guests:
- Established social distancing parameters throughout the property to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Implemented daily employee screening to monitor the health of our staff and exclude ill employees.
- Changed our continental breakfast to allow for easy selection of items that can be enjoyed in-room.
- Deployed personal protective equipment for our staff to use whenever they are in contact with guests or coworkers, and when socially distancing may be impossible.
- Developed enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols, with new equipment, cleaning materials and standards for our staff to following throughout common areas of the property and in our guestrooms.
- Completed physical changes to our rooms, to eliminate or regularly replace items that lead to the spread of the disease.
- Updated policies to minimize contact, improve cleaning, and still ensure the best possible experience for our guests.
We ask that our guests also do their part to help mitigate the spread of this disease. Here are some things you can do to help:
- Wash your hands frequently, including after using the restroom, sneezing, covering a cough or using a tissue.
- Maintain distance from other guests or people not in your immediate party.
- Limit gatherings to ten people or fewer.
- Per City of Duluth regulations, a face mask must be worn in places of public accommodation. Please be sure to arrive with a face mask, and wear at all times when in common areas of the hotel.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, including those listed below, please do not travel. While we normally carry a 48 hour cancellation policy, over the duration of this pandemic, you will NOT be charged if you cancel late (up to the day of arrival) for a health-related reason. Stay home, get well, and prevent the spread of the disease.
- A fever over 100F
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
We thank you for the trust you have placed in us, and we look forward to providing you a welcoming, memorable vacation, even during this pandemic.
South Pier Inn Management